Deadline: December 1, 2020
- International Competition (International short film competition for animated films)
- Young Animation (International student film competition)
- Tricks for Kids (International competition for short films)
- Trickstar Nature Award (Competition for animated short films that deal with the issues of climate protection, biodiversity, environment and sustainability in a critical and informative and also entertaining and humorous way.)
- AniMovie (International feature-film competition)
If you have technical problems with our submission platform, please click here.
For further information on the film submission criteria, the regulations and the different competition categories please contact:
Ms. Andrea Bauer
For technical questions concerning the online registration and online submission procedure, please contact:
Ms. Christine Schäfer
Trickstar Business Award
Deadline: March 1, 2021
The Trickstar Business is an animation industry’s business prize which will be awarded during Animation Production Days (APD) 2021 by Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film (ITFS).
The Trickstar Business Award is worth 7,500 € and recognises national or international innovative and groundbreaking business models for projects or companies in the animation industry. This makes Trickstar Business the world’s first animation prize to be explicitly focused on business. The prize is being sponsored by the Verband Region Stuttgart.
Talent Program: The aim is to bring newcomers into contact with established experts in the industry. In pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings, the talents receive valuable feedback on their projects and have the chance to convince potential co-production and financing partners of their ideas.
Participation is free of charge after selection. Application deadline: 22 February 2021.