The 28th edition of Curtas Vila do Conde, initially scheduled for July 11-19, 2020, was postponed due to the outbreak of COVID-19. The uncertainty about the situation in Portugal and Europe, in the coming months, made the festival’s organization decide for its postponement, selecting the 3rd to the 11th of October for its realization. With this decision, the deadline for the submission of films for the competitions was extended to the 30th of June (except Curtinhas, that is still the 30th of April 2020).
The 28th Curtas Vila do Conde – International Film Festival, taking place from 3 to 11 October 2020, announces the call for entries for new short films produced in 2019 or 2020, within the duration limit of 60 minutes, in film (35mm or 16 mm) or digital (DCP).
The 28th Curtas Vila do Conde - International Film Festival, or- ganized by Curtas Metragens CRL – Cooperativa de Produção Cultural CRL, based in Vila do Conde, Portugal, will be held from 11th to 19th of July 2020. Assuming as main objective the promotion and diffusion of cinematographic and audio- visual works, selected according to a quality criteria, the event will put on focus not only on the discovery of new films and filmmakers but also on the recognized legacy of Cinema.
You can submit your new films in the following competitions:
- International (fiction, documentary and animation);
- Portuguese (Portuguese films of fiction, documentary and animation);
- Experimental (films that defy narrative and technical conventions);
- Music Videos (music videos for Portuguese bands or artists, or directed by Portuguese authors until 30 minutes);
- Curtinhas (films for kids until 30 minutes);
- Take One (school films, until 30 minutes, by Portuguese film students, national or in film schools abroad).