How do I submit my film?
We accept short films with a runtime of 40 minutes or less via FilmFreeway. We do not accept links via email or via physical submission copies sent to our offices.
What are the deadlines and fees for ShortFest 2020?
Earlybird Deadline (Oct. 1, 2019 - Dec. 1, 2019):
- Standard: $40 USD
- Student: $35 USD
Regular Deadline (Dec. 2, 2019 - Jan. 5, 2020):
- Standard: $50 USD
- Student: $45 USD
Late Deadline (Jan. 6, 2020 - Feb. 24, 2020):
- Standard: $60 USD
- Student: $55 USD
What are the submission requirements?
- Completed entry on FilmFreeway.
- Digital screener - Vimeo link (preferred) or Secure Online Screener.
- Submissions must be uploaded and submitted no later than the deadline date to qualify for the respective entry fees.
- Paid entry fee.
Is my film eligible for ShortFest 2020?
- ShortFest 2020 eligibility requirements:
- Films must have been completed in 2019 or 2020.
- Films must be no more than 40 minutes in length, credits included.
- If selected, films must be available for projection in DCP.
- All non-English-language films must have English subtitles.