1. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- eligible are all films of all genres not exceeding length of 30 minutes
- films must have been completed January 1st, 2014 or later
- the selection will be made on completed productions only
- film can be submitted only once
- it is up to the applicant to ensure that the preview file is in full working order and complete, otherwise the film will not be previewed
- films that have been shown or awarded at other international film festivals are eligible
- no screening fee is paid in case the film is selected
- acceptable screening formats: DCP | Digital file (Apple ProRes 422 or H.264)
- entry fee between June 1st – October 31st is 8 €/film
- entry fee between November 1st – December 1st is 12 €/film
Deadline is December 1st 2015, all required material (entry form, preview file) must be received by then. Late submissions will not be considered.
Submissions can be done only via reelport (www.reelport.com). Fill in the online entry form and upload at least one still of the film. Upload the preview file with English subtitles in case the dialogue language is not English. Apply to Tampere Film Festival’s International Competition 2016 and make the payment.
The final selections will be released online at www.tamperefilmfestival.fi February 1st 2016. Only the submitters of the selected films will be contacted personally.
The screening copies of the selected films must be at the festival office by February 19th 2016. Films will be electronically subtitled in both Finnish and English. This will, however, only be done if the preview copy is identical to the screening copy AND English dialogue list has been sent in due time to the office.
Festival will insure the screening copies for the whole time of their being in the festival’s possession. The insurance will follow the instructions of FIAPF.
The festival will cover return expenses of the screening copy. The return address must be given before the festival starts.
4. JURIES AND PRIZES
The organizers will nominate an International Jury of five members. The following prizes will be given to the film directors:
- Grand Prix: Festival trophy “Kiss” & 5000 € for the best film in competition
three Category Prizes; fiction, animation, documentary (categories include Experimental):
Festival trophy “Kiss” & 1500 € each
- EFA Tampere nomination according to the regulations set by the European Film Academy
- Diplomas of Merit
- Audience award
5. DIGITISED SHORT FILM MARKET
All the preview copies are automatically entered in Tampere Film Festival’s Film Market and made available for individual viewing for accredited professionals only. Film market will be open three weeks March 9th – 29th. If the entrant does not want to have the film in the Film Market, festival should be notified when entering the film to the competition.
Concerning the selected films, the festival is authorized to make one excerpt not exceeding 10% or max. 3 minutes of the total running time of the selected films to be used promoting the festival in different medias and Internet sites.
7. NON-SPECIFIED CASES
The festival will decide on any cases of doubt, which have not been mentioned in these regulations (in accordance with FIAPF International Regulations). Participation in the Festival implies recognition without reservation of these regulations and the entry form (in accordance with the regulations).
If you need technical support concerning the entry form or uploading the preview file, please contact reelport (firstname.lastname@example.org OR tel +49 221 399 03 632)
If you have questions related to other matters, e.g. regulations, timetables etc., please contact Tampere Film Festival (email@example.com OR tel +358 3 213 0034)