To apply to IndieLisboa’s International Competition: films must fulfill all the following criteria:
– Fiction, animation, documentary or experimental short (up to 59 minutes) or feature films (from 60 minutes);
– First, second or third works by their director(s);
– Completed in either 2021 or 2022;
– First public presentation in Portugal.
Regarding other sections of the festival:
– Fiction, animation, documentary and experimental short and feature films;
– No limitations apply to the number of the previous works made by the director(s);
– Films produced in 2021 and 2022;
– Portuguese premieres are preferred.
3. The festival may, in exceptional circumstances, decide to select films that do not fulfil one or more of these criteria. Such selection is at the discretion of the festival organizers.
1. Submitted films must have a screener subtitled in English (except for English spoken films).
2. Selected films must have a screening copy subtitled in English (except for English spoken films), except films selected for IndieJunior - which will need an unsubtitled exhibition copy.
3. The festival will take the responsibility to make a Portuguese translation and provide electronic subtitling.
4. Portuguese films spoken in other languages must send a formatted dialogue list in Portuguese.