After a successful albeit digital 36th festival edition in 2020 with more than 20,000 people attending online, we are now looking forward to submissions for the next interfilm Festival in November. We expect to view over 6000 film entries again in 2021, of which more than 400 will be selected and curated for numerous competitions and special programs, and presented to eager audiences at our cinemas and diverse venues. We are looking forward to a rich spectrum of narrative excellence and critical voices as well as curiosities from all over the globe. For 6 festival days in 7 competitions and various special and focus programs, we will celebrate the contemporary short film in all its facets.
An ambitious, versatile program has always been interfilm’s trademark, with particularly exciting, diverse and outstanding productions of all genres and formats from all over the world thereby forming the basis of our curatorial work.
Therefore we would like to ask you to please share our call for entries through your respective channels. In the attachment you will find an image that you can use in social media, e-mails and on your website. Naturally, we will also be happy to provide you with any further material if needed.
As every year, the submission process for our 37th edition is handled via Shortfilmdepot.com. You can find additional information here: https://www.interfilm.de/en/service/submit-films-at-interfilm/
1) Films completed after: January 2019
2) Maximum duration: 20 Minutes
3) Country of production: All
4) Screening format: Quicktime 1080p, 35mm, DCP
5) Accepted genres: Live action, animation, documentary, experimental, music video, virtual reality & new Media
6) Subtitles: Subtitles in english or german for films with dialogue in other languages than english or german.