The Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia (SSFF & ASIA) 2020, after consideration of the current situation related to the Covid-19 virus, has decided to reschedule its events until Autumn this year or later.
The short film festival, which is top of class within the Asian festival circuit and is certified by the Academy Awards, was originally scheduled to be held from Thurs June 4th through Sun June 14th 2020.
In alignment with this decision, the Official Competition supported by Sony, encompassing the International Category, International Category Asia and the Japan Category, as well as the planned Creators’ Junction partnered with Xperia™ being organized with Sony and Sony Mobile Communications, will also be postponed.
Information on the new schedule will be posted on the festival homepage in due course: https://www.shortshorts.org
1) Films completed after: June 1st, 2018
2) Maximum duration: 25 minutes (including end credits)
3) Country of production: all countries except Asian countries *
4) Screening format: Apple ProRes File, NTSC HDCAM
5) Accepted genres: all genres, except music videos and non-fiction
6) Language: English subtitles are required for submissions with language/s other than English or Japanese.
7) Japanese Premiere ONLY: Your film MUST keep the Japan premiere status until Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020 in Tokyo ends. The following will affect Japan premiere status and will be disqualified. - Films screened in Japan on any media and for any occasion including screening events, film festivals and so forth before and/or during Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020 in Tokyo. - Films streamed online with Japanese subtitles and/or in the Japanese language before and/or during Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2020 in Tokyo. - Non-dialogue films available online will be ineligible. *If the film is in a non-Japanese language and/or has no Japanese subtitles and is available online outside of Japan, it will still be eligible for the competition