PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- Follow category guidelines
- Live action fiction (European* Competition)
- Other types of short film (International non-competitive programmes**)
- Duration: max. 35 min.
- Finished after January 1st, 2020
- English subtitled (recommended even when dialogue is English)
- International entry deadline: August 15, 2021
- Flemish entry deadline: September 15, 2021
- No premiere requirements
- No online restrictions
We strongly advice to submit your film earlier than the official deadline.
The festival will not confirm the receipt of submissions. We kindly ask you to refrain from calling or emailing us to confirm the receipt of your material. All applicants will be notified via e-mail about the selection or rejection of their film at the end of October. No earlier feedback is given.
If the original language of the submitted film is other than English, the film must be subtitled in English. We also require English subtitles for Dutch language films. Your film will not be considered if not subtitled in English (if not English spoken)., but even English spoken films are encouraged to provide English subtitles.
The selection committee’s decision to select or reject a film is final. No correspondence will be held in regards to this decision. If a film is selected for one of the competition programmes of Leuven International Short Film Festival, it can no longer be withdrawn.
* Geographical Europe excluding transcontinental countries such as Russia or Turkey.
** The international non-competitive programmes consist of:
- short films for children (without dialogue)
- non-narrative short films
- comedy shorts
- thematic programme: TBA
- other thematic programmes TBA