1) Films completed after: June 1st, 2021
2) Maximum duration: 25 minutes (including end credits)
3) Country of production: all countries except Asian countries *
4) Screening format: Apple ProRes File
5) Accepted genres: all genres, except music videos, animation and non-fiction
6) Language: English subtitles are required for submissions with language/s other than English or Japanese.
7) Japanese Premiere ONLY: Your film MUST keep the Japan premiere status until Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2023 in Tokyo ends. The following will affect Japan premiere status and will be disqualified. - Films screened in Japan on any media and for any occasion including screening events, film festivals and so forth before and/or during Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2023 in Tokyo. - Films streamed online with Japanese subtitles and/or in the Japanese language before and/or during Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2023 in Tokyo. - Non-dialogue films available online will be ineligible. *If the film is in a non-Japanese language and/or has no Japanese subtitles and is available online outside of Japan, it will still be eligible for the competition.
Early Submission: August 1, 2022 - September 30, 2022
Regular Submission: October 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022
Late Submission: December 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Early Submission: US$25
Regular Submission: US$35
Late Submission: US$45
Japan Premieres only