By agreeing to the terms and conditions on the entry form for Aspen Film's Shortsfest, the person or entity (the Applicant) submitting an entry (the Short) to Aspen Film's Shortsfest (ASF) acknowledges that s/he has read, understood and agrees to the following rules and guidelines:
1. The Applicant is legally authorized to enter the Short in ASF, and the Short is not subject to any claims or litigation and is not threatened by any claims or litigation.
2. Entries must be 40 minutes or under in length, cannot have premiered before March 2021, and must be submitted in one or more of the following categories: Animation, Comedy, Documentary, or Drama. Entries that have been publicly broadcast or made available online in the U.S. are ineligible. (Note: Films that have only been digitally screened with restricted availability as part of an online festival selection are still eligible.)
2.a ASF will not review multiple versions of a submitted Film. Only one version of the Film may be submitted. If multiple versions are submitted, ASF can not guarantee the newest version will be reviewed and may only view the version that was received first.
3. To qualify for the Student Award, the Short must have been completed while enrolled in an accredited film or media arts course or program.
4. Non-English language shorts must be subtitled in English. For accessibility, English language shorts must have the option of English captioning.
5. ASF can only accept, consider and notify entries submitted with valid entry form and non-refundable entry fee. To be considered for ASF, the Applicant must fill out the entry form on FilmFreeway. Applicants must submit a Secure Online Screener. Entry Fee payment must be made online through FilmFreeway.
5.a Fee waivers will be provided on a case by case basis. Due to the limited number of fee waivers, we cannot guarantee that you will receive one, even if you meet the criteria outlined below. Eligibility for a Fee Waiver will depend on the following:
• You lack the financial means to pay our submissions fee, either partially or in full.
• You are unable to pay the submission fee for political/geographical reasons outside of your control.
6. ASF reserves the right to consider for inclusion in the Festival, and include in the Festival, films received at any time and through any means, channel, or process, including means, channels, or processes other than those outlined in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms or otherwise requires ASF to select for Festival inclusion any of the Films submitted through the process outlined in these Terms.
7. Late Entries: For Late entry requests please contact ASF at email@example.com.