1. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Animatricks 22nd International Animation Festival will take place from the 19th to the
22nd of May in Helsinki, Finland.
Festival’s submissions are open to films applying all animation techniques. Over 50% of the production must be animated, and the Festival reserves the right to determine whether an entry qualifies as animation. Films should be completed after 1 January 2020. Films can be submitted to the following categories:
- International Competition - National Competition
- Junior Competition
- Experimental Competition - Documentary Competition
Submission will be open 1.12.2021 – 15.1.2022. There is no entry fee.
- Films should not exceed length of 30 minutes (including opening and final credits) - Films must have been completed after 1st of January 2020
- Films submitted to earlier editions of the Animatricks festival are not eligible for re-entry
- Advertisement films are not accepted. Also animated TV-series and their episodes are not accepted into the competition.
- Minimum 50% of the film duration must be animation
- Films must have English subtitles if they are not in English or without dialogue
- A Screening copy must be submitted in an appropriate digital format - The selection will be made on completed productions only
Fill in the online entry form by January 15th, 2021. There is no submission fee. The entity submitting the film is responsible for checking that the provided information is correct and that the link to the preview copy is working and available until the end of March.
The Selection committee appointed by the organizer selects the films for the competition. Selection results will be announced in March to all participants as well as on the website www.animatricks.net.
5. SCREENING COPY
After selection each entity is obligated to provide Festival the following materials:
1. Screening copy (HD digital film, .mov or .mp4) delivered in downloadable online link. For other formats or other delivery methods, please contact the festival organization after the pre-selections.
2. 2 photos from the film in JPG format (min width: 2000 pixels, 300 dpi).
3. The film director’s photo in JPG format (min width: 2000 pixels, 300 dpi).
4. A synopsis of the film.
5. A short biography of the film's director (max 1000 characters).
6. A subtitle file in .srt or .sub format (when applicable).