1. Films must have been completed after January 2021.
2. Running time for all feature length films must be no less than 52 minutes. Running time for all short films must be no more then 52 minutes.
3. Films/videos must not have received worldwide network television distribution or WEB (including cable and PAY-TV). Competitive entries must not have commercial distribution in Italy to be eligible.
4. Foreign feature or short films submitted to the Festival must be subtitled in Italian OR English if not already an English language film.
5. Entries with Digital Video, Blu-Ray and DCP must be made available for presentation at least two (2) weeks before the festival date.
6. Submissions are only accepted on digital file. Entries, as well as accompanying materials, will NOT be returned and will become property of the organization and its archive.
7. Those selected for screening during the RIFF Awards will be notified at least one(1) month before the event starts by telephone or e-mail.
8. Those selected for the monthly screenings will be notified at least thirty (30) days before the event date by telephone or e-mail.
9. For all the competitions, the project must be an Italian Premiere.
10. Film producers must also agree to include in future promotion material the mention of the participation at the Roma Independent Film Festival, the relevant section and any award received, along with the official RIFF logo, available on the Internet website.
* RIFF AWARD recepients are determined by a jury of professional filmmakers, actors, distributors, agents and journalists.
RIFF AUDIENCE AWARD is determined by audience votes.
* All awards will be split equally between the director and the production company of the film as shown in the credits.
* DCP or file HD (and/or Blu-Ray or DV Master) to be received within 2 weeks of the event. Additional press kits, including B & W or color photos of cast and crew (on cd) 2 or more posters